Wednesday 19 May 2010

Assignment #3 Before and After

These are all done with a duplicate layer instead of a layer mask, because I'm using GIMP (the woes of Linux!) and I'm not actually sure how to do levels within the layer mask. So I just created a new layer from the original image and let it sit on top so I could see what the differences were between the new photo and the original.

Image #1: Before
Image #1: After
This is a personal preference; I like my photos with a higher contrast and more vibrant colors rather than realistic color. In case you're wondering, this is the inside of a slinky. :)

Image #2: Before
Image #2: After
Again, trading out the realism here. I think in general I tend to shy away from warm colors, and I think a lime green makes the shot much more interesting :)

Image #3: Before
Image #3: After
I popped up the highlights here so the blue velvet fabric had a better color and texture. I also pushed up the blues and reds so that the colors would be a little brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment