Monday 31 May 2010

Headshot

This took entirely more time than I thought it would; probably because I can't seem to figure out where the color replacement tools are in GIMP. I also had trouble with my photos coming out grainy or unfocused, even after manually setting the ISO to the lowest setting and changing the white balance. The focus problem comes from the fact that when using a self time, the camera focuses the lens before starting the timer.

It came out ok, I think. Except that my glasses were sliding off a bit, which ended up making me look a bit cross-eyed (and retouching that is beyond my skill level, haha).

Original photo:


Retouched photo:


Black and White:



It took a lot of willpower for me not to pump up the contrast, and have it just be a normal photo. I think it still looks a little bit desaturated, but that might just be me.

Also, since I got asked about the water photo in class, here is the original shot of the water fountain:


My personal camera happens to be the same as the school camera, so if you're interested in taking pictures of running water change the shutter speed to 1/2000 to 1/2500 (I think this one was taken with the latter).

No comments:

Post a Comment